Missed connection flight and Delayed flight by 3 hours or more?
If booked together, it counts as one flight and If a missed connection causes delay, then it qualifies, passengers are entitled to receive assistance and depending on the circumstances, compensation. Depending on the flight distance after 2, 3 or 4 hours:
If a flight is delayed, the airline is required to offer the passengers.
The air carrier has to offer the air passenger the following and Cash compensation is a payment of:
- 250 euros for flights with a distance of up to 1,500 kilometres
- 400 euros for flights with a distance of between 1,500 and 3,500 kilometres
- 600 euros for flights with a distance of more than 3,500 kilometres
Meals and beverages in reasonable relation to the waiting time. If their onward flight is delayed until the next day (change of date), the airline is required to offer hotel accommodation (including transport) if necessary. It also has to offer passengers telecommunication (2 telephone calls, telex/fax messages or e-mails) facilities.
There are only two cases in which passengers will not be given the above mentioned compensation:
- If the carrier can prove that the cancellation was caused by extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if they have taken all appropriate measures (e.g. weather events and air strike …);
- If the airline company warned the traveller within the period set out in the regulations;
Delayflights will support your claim with weather reports from the day of your flight.