Denied boarding Flight?
In short, denied boarding happens due to the fact that the airline sells more air tickets than its capacity.
If you are denied boarding, you may be entitled to compensation depending on the distance
In particular, on an alternative flight they are still be entitled to meals and refreshments in a reasonable relation to the waiting time. Also, they are entitled free of charge two telephone calls or messages via telex, fax or email.
The amount of which varies depending on the route:The air carrier has to offer the air passenger the following and Cash compensation is a payment of:
- 250 euros for flights with a distance of up to 1,500 kilometres
- 400 euros for flights with a distance of between 1,500 and 3,500 kilometres
- 600 euros for flights with a distance of more than 3,500 kilometres
- If a flight is delayed, passengers are entitled to receive assistance and depending on the circumstances, compensation. Depending on the flight distance after 2, 3 or 4 hours:
If a flight is delayed, the airline is required to offer the passengers:
Meals and beverages in reasonable relation to the waiting time. If their onward flight is delayed until the next day (change of date), the airline is required to offer hotel accommodation (including transport) if necessary. It also has to offer passengers telecommunication (2 telephone calls, telex/fax messages or e-mails) facilities.
There are only two cases in which passengers will not be given the above mentioned compensation:
- If the carrier can prove that the cancellation was caused by extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if they have taken all appropriate measures (e.g. weather events and air strike …);
- If the airline company warned the traveller within the period set out in the regulations;
e.g. John and Amy and two children were delayed three hours from Bodrum in Turkey to stansted Airport, due to a mechanical failure on the plane. They received to a compensation of 1,600 EUR tax-free.
Delayflights will support your claim with weather reports from the day of your flight.